Central to the design of the buildings, property and programs at The Farm at Eastman’s Corner is the goal of lightening the ecological footprints we leave as we travel on our journeys.
We use sustainable practices in our Farm Store and Food Barn. Our Farm Store uses LED lighting and solar-sourced energy from roof-mounted and pole-mounted solar panels. Electric car charging stations, compatible with all newer electric car models, can be found in the parking lot by the Animal Yard.
In building our Food Barn, we preserved the existing structure of the original barn. Here we also incorporate LED lighting and roof-mounted solar panels. With the use of solar energy we are working toward a net zero energy goal.
As we build our knowledge about sustainability practices, we are creating opportunities to educate and encourage our farmers, vendors and community about the different options of sustainable practices.
The Lewis Family Foundation
The Lewis Family Foundation supports the programs of its strategic partners. They are organizations that share our values and are part of building a sustainable future that can serve as a model; not just for New England, but beyond.
Current strategic partners include:
- Conservation Media Group, Camden ME and Kensington, N.H.
- Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Society Forests, Concord, N.H.
- Revision Energy, Portland, ME
- Protect Our Winters, Pacific Palisades, CA
- G O Logic, Belfast, ME
- University of New Hampshire – Sustainability Institute, Durham, N.H.
- Conservation Law Foundation – Rhode Island, Providence, R.I.
- Seacoast Growers Association, Portsmouth, N.H.
We are continually exploring new ways to reduce our impact on the planet and its limited resources. It all fits with our mission to help support a more sustainable way of life …. Stay tuned.