An absolutely delicious pie that your whole family will love! Plus, the crust is very easy to make.
5 -7 apples depending on size, peeled, cored and sliced
½ cup blueberries
½ cup sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon
8 ounces butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
- Toss sliced apples in a bowl with blueberries, sugar and cinnamon, them arrange in a buttered pie dish.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat, add sugar, then flour, stirring after each.
- Off the heat, add one egg at a time and stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until you have an even consistency.
- Spoon the mixture over the apples.
- Bake the pie in a 350F oven for 45 minutes to an hour, or until golden brown on top.
- Note, you may want to set a sheet of foil or sheetpan below the pie top catch any juices that run off.
- When cooked, cool on a rack and serve.
Courtesy of Neal’s Kitchen.